Here’s the latest info we have from St Tammany Parish Government….
- Non-essential Parish Government Offices are closed Thursday, October 29, 2020. Essential personnel are expected to report as assigned. Animal Services will be closed to the public.
- Utility companies are reporting approximately 77,098 customers reman without power.
- To report incidents such as downed trees, blocked roads, etc, citizens may call 985.898.2323.
- Precautionary Boil Advisories in place:
- These advisories and any other updates will be posted here: http://www.stpgov.org/TU-notices
Meadow Lake Water System (PWS 1103146)
Meadow Lake Subdivision and Portions of French Branch Estates
Briarwood Terrace Water System (PWS 1103079)
Abita Terrace Alamosa Park Autumn Wind
Briarwood Terrace Brookstone Campbell Business Park
Casa Bella Covington Meadows Emerald Pines
Falconbridge Fern Creek Estates Forest Brook
Fountains Grand Maison Grand Terre Park Estates
Koop Drive Office Park Lexington Place Marigny Plaza
Nature Walk New Canaan Hills Northshore Commercial
Parkington Luxury Portico Estates Quail Creek
Remington Court Six G’s Stonebrook
Tanglewood Twin Oaks Wisteria Manor
Due to the loss in power caused by Hurricane Zeta on October 28, 2020, both the Briarwood Terrace Water System and Meadow Lake Water System experienced low water pressure. Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with the Louisiana Department of Health regulations, a precautionary boil advisory is in place for all Tammany Utilities customers in these systems.
This BOIL ADVISORY is to remain in effect until rescinded by Tammany Utilities. It is recommended that all consumers disinfect their water before consuming it (including fountain drinks), making ice, brushing teeth, or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods by the following means:
Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The one minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil. (The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another, or by adding a small pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled.)
Again, please be sure to disinfect your own water prior to consumption until you have been advised otherwise.
Tammany Utilities will rescind this Boil Advisory upon notification from the Louisiana Department of Health ‑ Office of Public Health that additional water samples collected from our water supply system have shown our water to be safe.
- STAR Transit will not operate today.
- These facilities remain closed as damage assessments continue:
- Camp Salmen Nature park, located at 35122 Parish Pkwy, Slidell, LA 70460
- The Tammany Trace
- The St. Tammany Fishing Pier located at 54001 E Howze Beach Rd, Slidell, LA 70461
- Kids Konnection Playground located at 21410 Koop Dr, Mandeville
- Northshore Beach located at 267 Debbie Dr, Slidell, LA 70458
- Bayou Lacombe Bridge. No Marine traffic.
- Citizens are asked to report storm damage to St. Tammany Parish Government
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- include your address and phone number
- Or call (985)898-5214
- Monday thru Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Public works is out clearing debris from roadways and assisting power companies identifying trees with power lines.
- Residents are advised to call places of business before heading out to them to determine if they are open, and to determine if they are accepting all forms of payment or cash-only.