What has changed:
• Marco’s track has shifted closer to the SE LA coast and stronger
• Laura’s track and intensity forecast is mostly unchanged
Changes from previous update:
- TS Marco’s track has shifted to the north and the intensity forecast has increased as well, leading to impacts being more likely across the local area
- TS Laura’s forecast track and intensity remain largely unchanged
Tropical Storm Marco and Tropical Storm Laura are now both expected to bring impacts to southeast Louisiana and south Mississippi during the Monday through Thursday time frame next week. The more significant impacts are currently expected to be associated with TS Laura during the Wednesday/Thursday time frame. Watches associated with TS Marco could be issued later today.
This is a very fluid situation and the forecast remains less certain than normal. Additional changes to expected impacts continue to be possible.
- Gusty winds, heavy rainfall and mostly minor coastal flooding are possible Monday/Tuesday associated with TS Marco
- More significant coastal flooding, heavy rainfall, and strong/damaging winds, are possible Wednesday/Thursday associated with TS Laura